Here are a few of the more popular places that I’ve gone with my couples to take their wedding day portraits.
Now before we get to them, you might have a few questions. Such as:
- We are already doing pictures at the church, do we have to go somewhere else as well?
- Of course not! Its your day, you can do whatever you want! Now if you are asking if you should, that’s a different question. I would highly recommend it! Some of my couples favorite shots have come from these shoots. When they order prints, they almost always choose at least one of shots that we did on location. I’d say about 95% of the weddings I’ve done, we have gone somewhere in between the ceremony and the reception to take some nice wedding day portraits.
- Who is having their portrait taken?
- That part is also up to you. Some couples want picture of just them, sometimes it is just them and the best man and the maid of honor. Most commonly its the entire wedding party.
- Is there an extra charge?
- That depends on the Photographer. Some will charge extra to travel to a location for portraits. For me personally, I don’t charge any extra for that service. It’s part of the package
- My wedding day will be very busy, when will we have time?
- Typically its after the ceremony, and portraits in the church. We then travel to the location that was chosen, and have a fun photo shoot.
- Where should we go?
- Well, that’s up to you. Sometimes the couple wants to go to a place that has special meaning to them. Maybe it’s the place where the proposal happened. Maybe it’s their “special place”. Sometimes the couple just isn’t sure where to go. It’s something to discuss with your photographer. I’ve had a few weddings where the couple didn’t decide where they want to go until after the ceremony. The earlier you decide is usually better though. And sometimes weather can play a factor as well.
Now, onto the list!
These are not necessarily the top 5 locations, but in my experience, they are 5 of the most common places requested for wedding day portraits.
There are plenty of other places that I can recommend. And I’m always open to learning new places!
5. A Playground (with swings) – Multiple locations
Now you might be thinking, wedding portraits at a playground? Yes you read that correctly. Sometimes the playground has some special meaning to the couple, or maybe they want to show their playful side. Either way, there can be some great portraits at a playground.
4. Ellwood H. May Environmental Park (AKA Maywood) – Sheboygan
There are plenty of places for portraits at Maywood. Most popular is the bridge over the Pigeon River.
3. River Park – Sheboygan Falls
There are a few places at River Park in Sheboygan Falls. As the name suggests, the river is the main attraction, as well as plenty of trees. The trees show great colors in the fall, and there is a playground with swings as well.
2. Evergreen Park – Sheboygan
Evergreen has a lot to offer. From the stone entrance, to a bridge over the Pigeon River, lots of evergreen trees and a playground.
1. Lakefront – Sheboygan
By far the most popular choice. There is multiple beaches, the lighthouse, the pier, lots of options!
Are there any places you would add to the list for wedding day portraits? Let me know in the comments below!
Are you ready to book your photographer? Contact me today and lets setup a meeting